On this page, you will find information about and contributions from members of the NPO.
Jennifer Warren, a long-time member of our Violin section, also regularly writes columns about orchestra and teaching life. Below are links to some of her recent articles. Many would be appropriate for your young music students. Click on the links below for PDFs of the articles.
- Appreciating and Teaching Musical Movement in the Symphony Orchestra
- Bowing: An Orchestral Language
- Concepts and Tips for Teaching Form
- Etiquette and Managing Musicians
- How String Players Prepare for Orch Engagements
- The Importance of Personal Music Enrichment for Educators
- Music Beyond High School
- Orchestral Etiquette and the Professional World: Tuning
- Preparing for Your World as a Self-Employed Musician
- Protecting Your Instrument –Part 1: Handling Your Instrument and Avoiding Accidents
- Protecting Your Instrument — Part 2: Optimizing Playability on a Tight Budget
- School Orchestra and Private Instruction: Working Together (and Avoiding Conflict)
- Sheet Music–Preparing, Marking, and Performing: Responsibilities and Roles
- Teaching Your Students How to Make a Living in the Professional World