Please send your audition recording between July 1 and August 1 to email@example.com. We do not accept audition recordings before July 1 or after August 1 unless you play one of the instruments for which we have a current need (see below). If you submit an audition recording outside the prescribed timeframe, please re-submit the recording between July 1 and August 1 for your audition to be considered.
Please send your audition recording or a link to a file to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In the subject line, please include the heading NPO Audition along with your instrument. For example: NPO Audition: Trumpet.
- In the body of your email, please include the following:
- Your name, address, email address, phone number
- Your instrument
- A brief summary of your musical training
- A video audition as described below. The video may be sent as an mp4 attachment or as a link (YouTube, Vimeo, or Dropbox)
- Your audition video should contain:
- Helpful videography angle and distance such that your technique is clearly visible (for example, embouchures, hand positions, etc. unobstructed by music stands)
- Your current playing. Namely, please make the video specifically for this audition. While you can feel free to do multiple takes for each selection, please ensure the takes themselves are unedited.
- Two scales of your choice covering a reasonable range of your instrument: one scale played slowly, the other scale played at fastest accurate speed
- Two to four minutes total of a solo, etude, concerto, or excerpts--or portions thereof--that showcase your musical ability
Decisions about membership will be announced in early August.
Current Openings: While we do not currently have a need for new musicians, openings do occur throughout the year. Please check the website occasionally to see if a need for your instrument comes up.
- Are there subbing opportunities available? We encourage you to audition so that you may have the opportunity to be invited to join the orchestra as new member or a substitute during the new season. If an opening in a section occurs during the season, those who have auditioned are offered the opportunity to substitute in the order of their ranking during the audition process.
- What other ways can I support NPO?
- Volunteer – We are always looking for volunteers to assist with many aspects of the orchestra, especially during our performances. If you are interested in volunteering with the NPO, please fill out a Contact Us form to inquire about the role you can play in our orchestra.
- Donate – If you are interested in financially supporting our orchestra and becoming a Friend of the NPO, please click here. We would not be able to continue our mission of enriching the vibrant Nashville arts community without the support of our community.
- Compete – Every year we hold a concerto competition in both youth and adult categories as well as a composition competition. The winners of the concerto composition perform with the NPO during our final series, during which we also play the winning composition. Keep an eye on our website in the fall for more information about our competitions.
- Spread the word – We rely on our supporters to spread the word about NPO so that we can reach more members of our community every season. We appreciate any effort to share information with your friends and contacts about our upcoming concerts and the mission of the NPO.
- Support the arts in general by contributing to the local, state, or federal Arts Advocacy groups.